Happy Holidays! It’s THE RIDE here with a list of seven things you simply must to do and see in New York City this holiday season. I’ll have to admit that choosing from all the amazing options that help make the city so special at this time of year wasn’t easy. But these 7 attractions are not to be missed:
- Visit the famous tree. Is the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center the most famous tree in the world? Possibly. And when you see it, you’ll know why!
- See the Rockettes. There are lots of reasons to see the Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall, but seeing the Rockettes is by far my favorite!
- Watch Elf the Musical. The Broadway version of the classic Elf movie is every bit as endearing and delightful as you’d expect.
- Light the Menorah. Whether you choose the ceremonies at the Largest Menorah in Brooklyn or the Menorah on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan, witnessing the symbolic victory of light over darkness at some point during the eight nights of Chanukah is a wonderful way to celebrate the holiday season.
- Window shop. From Bergdorf’s to Tiffany’s, NYC’s holiday window displays are more fabulous than ever this year
- Celebrate Kwanzaa. The Kwanzaa Celebration at the Apollo Theater in Harlem puts family and culture at its forefront.
- Enjoy THE RIDE: HOLIDAY EDITION. Even if you do nothing else on this list, I urge you to enjoy THE RIDE: HOLIDAY EDITION, a family-friendly celebration of the wonder and magic of the holiday season in New York City! This twenty-first century sleigh ride incorporates original seasonal music and videos, as well was dazzling holiday performances—and much more—along a 4.2-mile journey through the city streets. Oh what fun it is to RIDE!