The 8 Best NYC Activities for August
Summer doldrums got you down? Dog days making you too hot and sluggish to even think of doing anything other sipping an icy drink while binging on Lilyhammer and Fortitude? Not to worry; it’s THE RIDE here, and I’ve got eight great New York City activities that will get you off the couch and into the action this month!
Here’s the list:
- Travel back in time and enjoy some cool jazz on Governors Island at the Jazz Age Lawn Party, an event that celebrates the music and zeitgeist of the 1920s.
- See Movies with a View in Brooklyn Bridge Park.
- Cheer for your favorite at the S. Open Tennis Championships, which features the world’s best players along with great food, kids’ activities and musical performances.
- Go to Summer on the Hudson, a series of free events in Riverside Park, including movies, karaoke nights, a kite-flying festival and life-size chess tournaments.
- Don’t miss that summer-in-the-city classic, free Shakespeare in the Park.
- Check out the wacky promotional days, such as a Grateful Dead night and a full-scale homage to Seinfeld, while enjoying Brooklyn Cyclones baseball on Coney Island.
- Enjoy skyline views and a delicious dinner at one of NYC’s best rooftop restaurants.
- Take THE RIDE (a 75-minute interactive entertainment experience with 5-7 live performances), THE TOUR (90-minute multimedia sightseeing tour of Midtown & Upper West Side), and THE DOWNTOWN EXPERIENCE (90-minute historic downtown tour with Virtual Reality!) for unique entertainment & family fun! Need a little more encouragement? Our end-of-summer-sale offers 25% off each ticket for all departures now through August 31, 2019. Limited availability – Book Now!