Best of NYC for November 2019
Greetings from THE RIDE! I’ve been thinking about what a wonderful month November is. It’s a time of brisk air and special gatherings, all tinged with a sense of gratitude and the comfort of coming together. Many of the best activities to do in New York City in November reflect these feelings. These are my five favorites:
- Holiday Markets – NYC is full of sensational shopping opportunities. But in November, few are more fun as the pop-up markets like the shops at Bryant Park, the Columbus Circle Holiday Market, the Grand Central Holiday Fair or the Union Square Holiday Market.
- Ice Skating – You may be surprised that I put ice skating on my list of favorites, since twirling across an icy surface hardly seems appropriate for a big bus like me. But the truth is, I love watching both beginners and experts enjoy this cold weather sport and since the city is full of great rinks, I encourage you to give it a try!
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade – Would it really be Thanksgiving in New York without this iconic event? Whether you sneak a peak at the balloons as they are inflated the night before, join the crowds of spectators along the parade route, or enjoy the whole thing on TV, you won’t want to miss it!
- NYBG Holiday Train Show – Usually the New York Botanical Garden is a place to admire trees and flowers. But starting this month, it’s also the place to watch model trains travel around more than 175 famous New York landmarks (including the Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge, Rockefeller Center), each delightfully designed from natural materials like bark, nuts, and moss.
- THE RIDE: HOLIDAY EDITION – Starting November 14, my unique interactive entertainment experience takes a seasonal twist to celebrate the wonder and magic of the holiday season in New York! I recommend that you book tickets now for your family and friends since this limited engagement (now in its 8th critically acclaimed season!) is sure to sell out.
What’s your favorite thing to do in New York during November? I’d love to see your top choices on my Facebook page!